Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Brand new MTD snowblower - broken transmission out of the box

On 1/4/2014 11:05 AM, wrote:
Hi,

The transmission on my new MTD snowblower from Target squealed loudly and stopped working about ten minutes out of the box:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlCf2h8a0Rs

It looks like the belt is loose as it's engaged, but only moving at about 1 RPH (revolutions per hour). I was able to tighten the lever on the transmission, which remedied the problem for ten minutes before the transmission went loose and stopped working again.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Sure, easy fix. Ten minutes out of the box I'd drain the fuel and take
it back.