Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Real RMS question

On 1/4/2014 8:08 AM, Leif Neland wrote:
Phil Allison skrev:

Same idea as using a glass of water and a thermometer test the power
RF power of a microwave oven.

Just don't leave the thermometer in the microwave oven with the power on.

Measure the temperature of the cold water, then measure the time for it
to boil.

Preferably in a microwave-safe plastic container.

I measured the power of my previous oven to 230W...

Leif

When I did similar tests, I found the order of magnitude was right,
but the result depended on the shape and volume of the mass of water
and position in the oven.

It's easy to imagine that the microwaves bounce around and most of the
energy ends up
in the water. Wonder how accurate that model?
Wonder what the "official" water configuration is when they determine
the spec?