Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Wind chill and water pipes

On 1/4/2014 3:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It's going to warm up tomorrow. Since the wind
chill freezes pipes sooner, it's definitely a
concern, and I do need to consider the wind
chill. Thank you.

nestork gave a good explanation, but instead of wind chill. we should
call it wind effect.

Does the wind hit the pipes? If yes, it can carry heat away faster, if
no, it won't matter how strong the wind is.

When the weatherman gives wind chill numbers, he is talking about how
human skin exposed to the wind feels. I was just out in my garage at -7
wearing a heavy jacket, hat and shorts. No wind, it was not a big deal.