Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Do you ever ..shovel snow... ?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/4/2014 1:21 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My snow shovel worker showed up, so I paid him and
went out to help shovel and snow blow. It's been seven
minutes,adn my fintgers are still sore from cold.

You definitely need better gloves. I blew snow yesterday wearing some Home
Depot work gloves. I was OK when I was shoveling and moving my hands a lot,
but the unheated handles of the blower made my fingers d*mn cold.

Today I wore a good pair of ski gloves. My hands were sweating and it's in
the single digits here, wind chills around neg 15. Heated blower handles
would be nice, but good gloves work pretty well too.

Didn't help that one pair I had indoors was thin
cotton. The good gloves were about 5F as they were
out in the truck. I should have a good pair of
gloves, stored indoors.

You do know that your hands would have warmed the gloves, don't you? And
quickly, too. As long as they were dry, putting on the cold gloves would
gave been better than wearing the thin cotton ones.