Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Long Toilet Bolts

I have the need for some 4-1/2" long brass toilet bolts to hold a
toilet down on a custom plywood pedestal. This is a custom home,
probably built by a jack-of-all-trades, guaranteed master of none.

The pedestal under the loo on the upper floor is 2-1/2" thick and the
one beneath the bottom floor loo is 3/4". He probably glued the
flanges in at a level other than the floor.

Anyway, the flooring guys can't do their job until I come up with
bolts for the owner. Most standard bolts are 2.5" and I found some
long ones which are 4". I need a longer bolt. Homey's Despot didn't
have any brass couplers or brass allthread.

Any ideas where I can find these dinosaur teeth?

Here's the style: http://tinyurl.com/lxmsvht (Man, what a ripoff
price these guys want. They're $2.37 at Grover.)

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.