Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default English wheel, and other metalworking questions

stryped wrote:

Problem is I live in a very small town. I do have several welders. I
saw an English wheel at HF but even it was 300 bucks.

I thought I saw in one of the videos when he was hammering over a
buck he used a piece of wood to hit instead of the metal. The metal
came out surprisingly smooth. (At least on the video).

I wish I had the time and money. I would love to build one pefore my
81 year old grandfather passes away and take him for a ride. He loves
cars and I have found memories of when I was little watch him restore
classic 60's mustangs.

Define small town and give me a general location. I live in the middle
of nowhere myself.

--
Steve W.