Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.home.repair,alt.autos

Default How to remove heater fan 95 pickup

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 12:37:19 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:21:27 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:46:07 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 23:43:20 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 22:00:32 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:43:19 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
news:A7udne9y6IdYEyLPnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@earthl ink.com...

wrote in message
95 Chevy K2500. I need to replace the heater blower fan. It's under
the dash on the passenger side below glove compartment. I has a rubber
cover over it. I cant seem to figure out how to remove that rubber
cover. Someone told me to remove the glove compartment. Removing that
seems more difficult than the blower itself, since the screws are
located real low under the door, which can not be opened beyond a
certain point. Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this?

Sometimes the online parts places such as Autozone will have that
information.

Look into a subscription to Alldata from Autozone.

Sounds like a lot of money. There are places around here that have an
Alldata computer on the counter facing the customers, to use free.

The last one I knew was in Laurel, Md. I forget the chain's name.

Don't know much about the K2500 but some vhicles you can get to/replane the
fan from under the hood

One vehicle subscription is about $15 per year with an online discount
cupon.

A lot cheaper than I thought. And I suppose, unless you're dealing with a new or almost new car, you can get just
about everything there is in your first year.

When I buy a used car, I only go to Laurel once, to see the TSBs and whatever else they have.

I also buy the shop manuals, even though they are over 100 dollars now, even on ebay.

I get the manuals on DVD - a lot cheaper than print.

That's an idea, but I do like having them in print. I add the 100+ dollars to the cost of the car. Then it seems
cheaper.

I spend the hundred bucks I save on the print version on a used
laptop to display the manual - so I come out feeling I'm ahead. The
laptop is part of the "car kit"