Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rudy Canoza[_3_] Rudy Canoza[_3_] is offline

Default European faucet adapter from metric to North American

On 1/3/2014 4:18 PM, Dave Reid wrote:
I have an expensive European faucet that I recxeived as a gift and would
like to install. I have been to all of the usual supplies (Gingers, Taps,
Home Depot) with no success. I was wondering if there was a way to have
two adapters produced out of brass or other compatable plumbing material.
I know the easiest solution is to by a Moen or Delta, but my wife.....

Are you sure the European faucet has metric dimensions? When I lived in
Germany in 1985-86, a German friend told me that plumbing parts there
were, strangely, still specified using British imperial measures, i.e.
inches. I just now did a little web searching, and while I didn't find
anything definitive, I found enough to suggest that there is still at
least some truth to it; just how much it covers I can't say. I suggest
taking it to a store and seeing what fits.