Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Wind chill and water pipes

On 01/03/2014 05:13 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/3/2014 6:04 PM, philo wrote:
Tonight in NYS supposed to be 0F, and wind
chill -10 or so. Which number is the one
which concerns water pipes freezing?

Yep I totally missed "OF" It just plain did not register.

trader4 is quite right

if the pipes are in an uninsulated and not well sealed wall, the more
wind there is the more likely it will get in to cool things off

Ah, well. I have my moments of miss things.
Anyhow, tonight is the one night of the year
I'll be certain to leave a faucet dripping at
the farthest place from where the water comes
in. Help to avoid frozen pipe, if possible. My
line from the curb valve is soft copper, and
will not survive a freeze cycle. The lead in
line is insulated, and heat taped. Not sure how
good are the lines under the trailer. I think
they go along the heat run, but not sure.

Yep I'd leave the water running a bit for sure.