Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wind chill and water pipes

On 1/3/2014 4:15 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/03/2014 03:11 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Tonight in NYS supposed to be 0F, and wind
chill -10 or so. Which number is the one
which concerns water pipes freezing?

I know the pipes won't get below the actual
temp, but are they more likely to freeze,
with wind?

We went through that just a few days ago on the other thread.
Wind chill below freezing will /not/ freeze the pipes
Just as long as the temp. is above 32F they will be fine

You may wish to read my post (above) again,
and rewrite your comment in this thread,
based on tonight's expected temps.

What you say is true, but it's not really
relevant, tonight.
--
..
Christopher A. Young