Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default just got very lucky

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

The idea is to get the air to reverse direction so any water vapor drops
out.

I use a piece of 1 1/2" steel pipe in a vertical position, and put the air
into a t at the bottom of the pipe. Petcock to drain water. At the top of
said 5 foot pip, the air comes out, cool and de-moistened.

My idea is to get the air to move slowly, and plenty-O-surface area to cool.
Slow means water will not get pushed upwards with the air flow. Cool means
water does not condense in the lines as the air does not cool later
downstream. I have a couple manifolds with disconnects in differing numbers
so I can use them anywhere in the shop as needs arise.

Jim in NC

---