Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default What is it? Set 526

Rob H. wrote:
3070 is a cribbage board minus the pegs . Many have a sliding bottom
covering a compartment to store the pegs .

Obviously, you do not play cribbage. Either that or you only have time
for a VERY short gameg

A few days ago I did a search on cribbage boards and found that they all have a
lot more holes than 3070. I didn't see any with the same number of holes as the
board on my site. I do think that it's a scoreboard for some type of game but
can't say exactly which one.

Everyone whoknows how to play Cribbageknows that each playeruses two
pegs to score the game (up to 121). So this board offers a place to
restthepegs before anyone has won a game, and tally-up to 10 (games).
My "track board" has holes that goes up to 8 (games), but it didn't come
to two pegs for that purpose.

It could be used for any other game too, enablinggambling perhaps where
thepublicexchange of funds may be frowned upon.

It just occurred to me, a game of Euchre is scored up to 10 points (but
the way I heard it, you're supposed to usethe four 5 cards to display
the score). I think that's to distract you while you've being cheated!
; ) Ithink I have never seen what I thought was an "honest" gameof
Euchre. It may have been played, but I can't sayas my background is too
limited.

Bill