Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crimping

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
I had a similar problem myself a few years back when I had to get an
electrician (NICEIC qualified, etc) in to sort out a wiring problem,
which turned out to have been caused by a previous occupier of the house
having put a picture hook through a buried cable. Regardless of what I
tried to say about the regs, he was adamant that crimping/soldering etc
was unacceptable and the whole cable run had to be replaced (which, to
be fair, he managed to do very effectively).

I'd say it was right to do this since it was obviously possible. A crimp
etc repair should only be used if it isn't practical to replace the
section. In your case this might have meant two lots of crimps to replace
the damaged section of cable.

--
*Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.