Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Full Size Spare - Or Is It?

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 16:20:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/1/2014 1:10 PM, wrote:

When I park the car at night I put the defroster on and the seat heater
switch. Five minutes or so makes a nice head start.

I don't believe I've ever had a car where the window heaters weren't
momentary buttons. I've never had seat heaters. I guess my wife's
car does now but it'll never be used. ;-)

Front defrost can be set, but the rear defrost is a momentary button so
it cannot be set. I understand that some more costly remotes can be
used to turn on secondary accessories. Some will even report back the
internal temperature.

They probably tie into the CAN. Seems possible, though it would
require software for each car. Seems like a scary thing to do, too.

Seats vary. I've had different switches on the last three Sonatas I've
had. The '07 and '13 will stay set, but the '10 had momentary switches.
n this one the rear seat heaters can alxo be set to stay on, but I'd not
do that.