Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27233 Ignoramus27233 is offline

Default The rich pay less taxes

On 2013-12-31, SteveB wrote:
education. Rich people hire people to watch their money. Then they
hire another guy to watch the first one. Then they hire a third to
watch the other two.

I never, ever hire anyone to manage my money. I also never listen to
any financial advisors. They range from clueless to crooks, as far as
what I have seen. I am glad that you were more lucky.

I should have clarified that. It all depends on the amount of money
we are talking about here. Most Average Joe's can do quite well
with some common sense and a little publicly available tutorage. If
one were ever to get into a Lotto situation, or happen on to some
REAL money, that would be when financial managers would be helpful.

I have a fair amount of money to manage (I mean liquid investments
outside of business), and realistically do not think that it would be
much harder to manage, say, 10 times the amount. I certainly would not
consider any exotic vehicles or "hedge funds".