Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT - Full Size Spare - Or Is It?

On 1/1/2014 12:22 AM, wrote:

BTW...No remote starter that I've ever had, and I've had a number of them,
locked the doors. What's the point of that?

I don't understand the logic either. I believe they all kill the
engine if the throttle or brake (or clutch) are touched.

We've had one. That was enough to cure me of that particular
laziness.

I have a Code-Alarm brand. It locks the doors, then starts the car.
Present car is a Hyundai Sonata with Blue Link. When I used it in the
free trial period, it would not lock the doors, but it would not start
the car until I did and I could do that remotely also.

I did not renew the overpriced Blue Link and opted to install my own remote.

In all cases, the engine would die it the brake pedal is pushed with no
key.

In some towns around here you have to have your doors locked if the car
is running unattended. That is the result of stolen cars where idiots
would run out and start the car and leave the keys in it.

When I park the car at night I put the defroster on and the seat heater
switch. Five minutes or so makes a nice head start.