Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default tracking down noises

Well there is no CU I have storage heaters here. I turned off the fridge and
there really is nothing else. Its only on for a few seconds, probably less
than a minute, then it might be off for two minutes, then on for one again.
its almost as if its topping something up.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"ARW" wrote in message
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
There is a peculiar noise. IE its one of those very quiet intermittent
whirring noises that you can only hear when its quiet at night, and once
you know its there, you find it wakes you up.
The problem is that its seemingly everywhere and nowhere in that its no
louder wherever you go except in the upstairs front rooms.
My suspicion is that it is part of next doors central heating that is
somehow transmitting the sound through the building, but she can hear
nothing she says.
Any tricks other than asking her to turn it off and on again, which might
well not go down too well?
Do others have noises? Add to this of course that you don't it when
normal sounds are there in the day.

First thing is to turn off your CU and eliminate anything electrical in
your house

--
Adam