Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Full Size Spare - Or lug nut torque?

On 12/31/2013 6:22 PM, Larry W wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
...snipped...
The "mechanic" likely attempted to install Toyota wheels. The Soob
takes metric 5 wheels - 5 on 100, with 56.1 counterbore. The Toyota
bolt circle is the same, but the counterbore is a lousy 2mm smaller
(at 54.1mm)

"Counterbore" ?

A couple decades ago, I had a Dodge van, the rear wheels
would not come off unless I used a torch. I finally chocked
the front, took one rear wheel off, start the engine, and
put it in reverse. Used a drill and grind stone to take
down the hub a bit, until the wheels fit. And then did the
same on the other side. No more propane torch to get the
wheels off each time.

--
..
Christopher A. Young