Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Full Size Spare - Or Is It?

On 12/31/2013 7:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I tried my passenger door lock with a key a few weeks ago. I can barely get
the key in, never mind turn it. Power remote locks and/or the driver's door
key hole is all I've ever needed. Of course, I should fix it just in case
both of the other 2 methods go bad at the same time.

In the road salt parts of the world, it's necessary
to lube the door locks at least a couple times a
year. WD-40 is better than nothing. I like Castle
Thrust, or a syringe and some 10w30 motor oil.

When I used to work in a locksmith shop in the city,
we'd replace door lock cylinders for people. The salt
turns them into a lump of zinc and copper. And salt.

--
..
Christopher A. Young