J. Clarke

Default Newbie question: How to make finger joint cut

Andy Jeffries wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
I completely understand your advice. There is definitely no height
adjustment, never was...

I've had a good look round. There is one handle for angle adjustment,
and no other missing items or stubs of missing items or holes where
missing items may have been.

That is truly bizarre. I'm curious--what's the brand and model on this
thing?

That's a very good question. Just been out to the shed^H^H^H^Hworkshop
and it's got lots of wood in front of it (been making a fence and all
the offcuts/unused stock are just thrown back in the, uh, shed at the
moment).

Over the next couple of days I'll be finishing off another bit of
fencing so I'll be able to get to it.

It cost about 30 pounds from B&Q (UK) so I guess it must be Performance
Power.

Sorry, I didn't pick up on the UK. Nothing that happens in the UK would
surprise me--it's always been a mystery to me how any country that can
produce such mechanical marvels as the E-Jaguar and the Supermarine
Spitfire can also produce such horrors as the saw without a cutting depth
adjustment that you describe.

It really is a "Bench Saw" as I stated rather than a "Table Saw".

In the US a "Bench Saw" is just a saw small enough to be placed on a
workbench for use and then put back on the floor or shelf when bench space
is needed. To be
honest, I don't have the budget for anything much bigger although I am
now considering getting a approx 100 pound table saw such as:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=CCTS10

or

Any opinion on these saws would be appreciated; unless the opinion is
"waste of money, you need to spend 500 pounds at least" - remember what
I'm currently using guys!!! I'm sure the Perform (axminster link above)
table saw sounds a billion times better...

Sorry, no real opinion on those, other than that if it has a cutting depth
adjustment it's got to be an improvement over what you have.

Cheers,

Andy

--
--John