Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Full Size Spare - Or Is It?

On 12/31/2013 10:25 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
"once the lugs are slightly loose". Is that like
"add water and heat"?

Uh, no. Not even close.

Leaves out the critical
details. How does one loosen the lugs, please?

I'm slightly confused by your question.

I loosen the lug nuts with a lug nut wrench and (sometimes) a piece of pipe
for leverage. Why does that matter? The procedure would be the same
regardless of what kind of tool I use.

L shaped lug wrench
X shaped lug wrench
socket and ratchet
Air wrench
Socket and breaker bar

Each of these have different operating techniques.
One can press up, press down, rotate.

One of my techniques is to use the X shaped lug
wrench. I pull up on the right, with my hands.
Push down on the left with one foot, lean on the
side of the vehicle.

Using a socket and breaker bar, I can either
put the wrench on the right and pull up, or
wrench on the left and push down.

Same deal with L shaped lug wrench. Pull up, to
the right? Push down on the left? Push left with
handle at 12 o'clock?

Starting to become clear why I ask which technique
one uses?

--
..
Christopher A. Young