Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Full Size Spare - Or Is It?

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:37:01 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
To loosen the lugs, I jack the vehicle up just enough to take most of the

weight off of the tire, but not enough to loose contact with the ground.

Once the lugs are slightly loose, I jack the vehicle up until the tire is

off the ground and then remove the lug nuts and tire.

Yeah, that works fine IF the guy with the air wrench at the shop who last tightened them did it somewhere close to properly.

I find this to be rare. I don't know why exactly. Usually they are way too tight.