Posted to alt.home.repair
Irreverent Maximus Irreverent Maximus is offline

Default Philo's "Beyond Science" Question for the day.

On 12/31/2013 12:11 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Irreverent Maximus wrote:

Evaportation, of course. I learned this during sixth grade science
camp.

Hi,
Well, if I park a car facing cold Northerly wind vs. facing the other
way, one facing North is harder to start in the morning. In Chinese
wind chill spells like this, "體感溫度" direct translation, "temperature
feels like" which is usually lower than actual temperature. I am not
Chinese.

Cold wind is colder than ambient, right? Energy only flows in one
direction in thermo-dynamics when no extra energy is added. It is
possible for a high wind to take away a bit more energy than it
provides. However, it is still providing energy, so, the temperature
difference will be minute unless the wind is measurably colder.

Works in reverse, too. A real high wind, even if cold, will heat
an object. That's one hell of a wind, though. It is rather unlikely
to cause that much friction. Though, super sonic craft...

This is in no way a succinct description and is rather **** poor in my
opinion. Oh, well. Other things on my mind.