Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New year's resolution?

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 14:59:47 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:38:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Snag wrote:

Jon Banqueer wrote:
In article ,
spaco@baldwin- telecom.net says...

How about you off-topic folks making a new year's resolution to take
it elswhere?

How about you realize that this isn't going to happen and figure out
what really caused this newsgroup to be destroyed. When you finally
make the effort to understand what happened, make sure you thank Mark
Wieber and his clique of clueless idiots.

In the meantime, suggest you start discussing topics that advanced,
modern, home machine shops would be interested in. I do it all the
time.

I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

Earlier today I fabricated a small aluminum spacer to give me just a
little more adjustment on my chainsaw bar needs a new chain and sprocket ,
but the saw was free so .... Then I used a hammer and wedge both metal to
split the wood I cut with that chainsaw . Yesterday I used the angle grinder
to clean up the mushroomed head of that wedge . In a little while I'm going
out to the shop and make a small rake of metal to clean the ashes out of
the grate in my wood burning stove . I'll be using a welder MIG or TIG ,
haven't decided , bolt cutter , bandsaw , and grinders .
That enough metalworking for ya ? Of course it won't be "advanced" or
"modern" , just good old low-tech hand work ... unless I use the TIG , it's
a modern inverter based machine .

I needed a tool to straighten some damaged BNC connectors. I dug out
some spare air fittings from HF and put this together:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materre...7636596594884/

Simply pus it into the warped opening and gently roll it around to
straighten the connector's wall. Don't over do it, or you'll create a
sharp lip in the brass.

Cool new electro-pneumatic tool, Mikey.

P.S: You can use an ice pick to perforate and drain the pus.

You don't use a nail gun?

I don't -do- "PUSsy warped openings", but I'm sure someone would be
happy to perforate yours with a nail gun. Run an ad on Craigslist.

Oh, I got that Singer 111 for $150 yesterday, with table and a full
$40 roll of black nauga binding. She needs cleaning and oiling, but
she runs mighty fine and quiet. I mention this because I recall you
being one of those on the group who also does industrial sewing.

--
Cats regard people as warmblooded furniture.
-- Jacquelyn Mitchard