Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Breakers compatible with Federal Pacific Stab-Lok Load Center

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:45:01 +0000, Let's get it right!
wrote:

replying to clare , Let's get it right! wrote:
clare wrote:

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 19:49:02 +0000, Let's get it right!
A 15 amp breaker will no more protect a 10 amp cord than a 20 will
protect a 15 amp cord
You cannot legislate intelligence

Intelligence? You realize a 15-ampere circuit breaker provides more
protection than a 20-ampere circuit breaker? You are aware of that ...
aren't you?

As far as the ampacity of the conductors, it has nothing to do with the
problem ... as long as it's been evaluated as part of the "Listing"
effort.

So ... you gonna do it like the NEC requires, or or you gonna ignore the
responsibilities imposed upon you by NEC?

Have a save 2014! I'm done trying to educate the "EXPERTS"(?).

OK You cannot legislate COMMON SENSE. No matter what nanny-state
laws are put in place, stupid people will continue to kill themselves
and burn down their homes. When you get close to Idiot Proof, they
just come up with a better idiot.

If you never put more load on a cord than it was designed for AND
maintain the cord properly, using it for the purpose it was made for,
you won't have a problem.

If, on the other hand, you require 5 amp devices ONLY be plugged into
circuits that are protected to 5 amps, and 15 amp devices only be
connected to 15 amp protected circuits, you will need EVERY outlet
separately protected, and you will need numerous different outlets in
all locations so you can plug everything into an outlet that is
protected to the rating of the device, or you will require every
device to have it's own user resettable overcurrent protection in the
plug - which is how it has been done in some european countries
(where, by the way, the building wiring is not nearly as well
"protected" as it is in North America. Ring wiring topology is a real
bugger to adequately protect as it is fed from both ends.

So have a happy new year, and I'mm GLAD you are done trying to educate
experts. That way I don't need to add you to my filter.