Posted to alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.os.windows-2000,alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Thanks Folks! Do any of these printers work with Windows2000?

On 12/30/13, 3:18 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
Really appreciate all the suggestions, fellers. I struck out trying to find a way to clear the waste ink problem with MP190. I was hoping for a simple work-around, like cutting the sensor wires, but evidently it's not that simple. Meanwhile, I found a good used Win2000-compatible printer that will get me by for now.

I was not able to find a service manual or even procedures on R/R for this printer online. Local shops want $50 to diagnosis and quote repair. If anyone runs across a MP190 service manual or has tips on R/R of the waste ink assembly for this model pls let me know. From what I've seen online, it's at least at 2 hour job just getting access to the assembly, which means 2 days for me to put it back together again. LOL!

Hopefully next year, the old wallet will not be empty and I can pick up new PC with latest OS and a shiny new printer.

Sorry to those annoyed by so many questions.

===

The user manual appears to be available at:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...uresAndManuals

( or http://tinyurl.com/27d8x4w )

Are you getting Error Code E,8 ?? If so, here is what manual says:
"E, 8
Ink absorber is almost full.
The machine has a built-in ink absorber to hold the ink used during
Print Head Cleaning, for example.
This error code indicates that the ink absorber is nearly full.
Press the Black or Color button to cancel the error so you can
continue printing.
However, because printing is disabled once the ink absorber becomes
completely full and until the ink absorber is replaced, you are
recommended to contact your Canon service representative as early as
possible. (You will need to replace a particular part of the machine.)"

Also found this:
http://www.justanswer.com/printers/6...xma-mp190.html

( or http://tinyurl.com/mak9wh6 )

Talks about removing and cleaning the pads. Also says new pads are no
longer available from Canon.

Good luck and have fun ;-)