Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Thanks Folks! Do any of these printers work with Windows2000?

On 12/30/2013 02:18 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
Really appreciate all the suggestions, fellers. I struck out trying to find a way to clear the waste ink problem with MP190. I was hoping for a simple work-around, like cutting the sensor wires, but evidently it's not that simple. Meanwhile, I found a good used Win2000-compatible printer that will get me by for now.

I was not able to find a service manual or even procedures on R/R for this printer online. Local shops want $50 to diagnosis and quote repair. If anyone runs across a MP190 service manual or has tips on R/R of the waste ink assembly for this model pls let me know. From what I've seen online, it's at least at 2 hour job just getting access to the assembly, which means 2 days for me to put it back together again. LOL!

Hopefully next year, the old wallet will not be empty and I can pick up new PC with latest OS and a shiny new printer.

Sorry to those annoyed by so many questions.

I was not annoyed in the least, just saying you did not have to keep asking.

BTW: You probably should move on beyond Win2k one of these days though.