Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OT - Full Size Spare - Or Is It?

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:26:00 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

We bought her new tires for winter and she hit a pothole within the first
week, damaging a sidewall. It was covered under the road hazard warranty,
so I threw the spare on, drove it over to the shop and they put a new tire
on the rim without making me wait. If I had left it on the car I would have
had to wait my turn until a bay was open.

With a floor jack, my cordless drill and a pipe to use as leverage, I can
put the spare on in under 15 minutes, less than half hour total on and off.
If I leave the tires on the vehicles when they need service, it's hours of
waiting to get into a bay. I don't have that kind of patience.

Whatever works for you. I call first and if I'm told there's going to
be a wait I have the come along in the second car, and just drop off
the car getting the work done. Call me when it's done.
But there's a Just Tires less than a mile away.