Yves

Default jointer + planer/thicknesser $$$ break-even point

Hi,

I own a very old Delta jointer, 48-600, it does the job, and I recently
bought a Dewalt DW735, and the planer was paid for on the very first job.

Here the price for planed wood (Red Oak) is around 10.00$CA, and rough is
around 3.00, the planer price was 800.00 so, save 7$ each boardfeet!

the planer was paid at the first 115'

But I

Hope this helps.

"Daniel" a écrit dans le message de
rs.com...
Hello,

Does anyone have a *rough* estimate on how much rough-sawn wood one has
to put through these two pieces of machinery to get to the point where
you just break even on your machinery purchase, compared to purchasing
surfaced lumber at higher costs?

I realize there are many variables to this question, and that wood and
machinery costs vary, so let's assume:
- hobbyist jointer (maybe a Delta JT360?)
- (not too) low-end planer (Delta TP400 or something like that)
- North America native hardwoods like oak, maple, poplar; nothing exotic

I have no specific preference for Delta, other than that I seem to be
able to find them advertised online at local stores (Toronto, ON, CA

area).

Thank you!

- Daniel