Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.politics.scorched-earth
Jax Jax is offline

Default Judge Rules NSA Phone Surveillance Is Legal

micky wrote in
news
On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 11:18:52 -0600, G. Morgan
wrote:

micky wrote:

No one had replied when I last read the ng. I just looked and there
is only one direct reply, but I'm amazed to see there are 39 posts if
one counts replies to replies to replies...... going as much as 21
levels deep.

I'll read them and see how many disagree with me, and maybe I'll post
there in more detail.

I'll do you one better....

I'll put up a poll on one of my websites and they can vote on it. The
thread is about democracy now, a vote seems appropriate.

What should the question read?

How about:

"Do you think G. Morgan's signature line is silly?"

Fair enough?

No, of course not. Such a question is like having an election without
a campaign, It woudl be like a popularity contest where the likeable
boy in highschool who everyone knows gets elected prom king, or
student body president. People have had a lifetime of being told
Franklin was a wise person (and I'm sure he was most of the time) and
that his sayings were wise. They've never thought in detail about
this quote from him. They probably heard it in junior high and were
told it was good by their history teacher, and they've never thought
much more about it. Without any discussion, they'll vote for him,
like you've been doing.

There should be arguments from both sides, one explaining why it's
silly and the other why it's not.

Now we have more groups involved, they can vote too.

Micky why don't you just cool it? Graham has a lot of friends in Scorched
Earth (including one who was and may still be a member of an Irish
terrorist organization). I'm sure you don't want trouble.

Graham's sig is fine. Just saying!

--
Jax