Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solder or crimp ??

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 21:06:37 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:20:38 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
This article says soldering is less desirable
than crimps for Anderson Power Pole terminals.

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/12/...ectronics.html

I was taught that soldering is far better than crimp.
What's your thoughts?

With the proper tools the crimp seems to be the best. After a while the
atoms in the wire and the connector will fuse together somewhat.

You gotta be smokin' some good ****!

What's your issue? What he said is perfectly correct. Crimping is
better but only if it's done *right*. We often do both (crimp, then
solder) because we don't have the proper tools for all of the
connectors we use. Usually the stuff only has to last a few weeks of
light usage, though. I'd never do it for anything safety related or
has to last decades, though.