Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vacuum question

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 21:59:42 -0700, SteveB wrote:

On 12/28/2013 4:21 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

There are larger vacs made for handling grain. One brand is
Walinga. I don't know if the hoses would work for your use but they
might be worth looking at for ideas if nothing else. I think they use
sections of aluminum pipe for longer distances and just use the hose at
the ends.

Sounds spendy to me. I have a total of $35 in both of these, if you
don't count the filters. The Craftsman has paper filters, if I can find
some. If not, I probably could just cut up any old vacuum filter with
that type paper.

Do you even need filters? If so, a separator before the vac seems the
way to go. Removing the filter will allow any dirt to pass through
(not clog the filter) and it will remove some restriction. You really
don't need the shop vac's can, either. Something like a dust
collector may get higher air volume. Something like:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-hp-mi...tor-94029.html