Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solder or crimp ??

I have a ratcheting type crimp tool and have used low temperature silver
on crimped connectors if I'm worried about moisture wicking into the
stranded wire plus heat shrink that has the hot melt sticky stuff on the
inside. Regular heat shrink tubing makes a good strain relief on the
wire crimped into a connector because it prevents a sharp 90° bend in
the wire crimped into the connector when it's put under stress. The most
important thing, don't nick the wire when you strip the insulation off
of it. ^_^

TDD

Now, I'm not disappointed. i figured TDD would
mention the one thing, most important, which
everyone else missed. Good job, mate.

--
..
Christopher A. Young