Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solder or crimp ??

On 12/28/2013 7:53 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
This article says soldering is less desirable
than crimps for Anderson Power Pole terminals.

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/12/...ectronics.html

I was taught that soldering is far better than crimp.
What's your thoughts?

Hi,
If properly done. Ever looked at crimped or solder connection under hi
power magnifier?

Not looked at either, under magnifier. I've done
both, with small terminals. Haven't soldered since
I was a teen, but I was taught that soldering was
preferred. I actually crimp, and then heat it up
and solder. Well, I used to.

--
..
Christopher A. Young