Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Judge Rules NSA Phone Surveillance Is Legal

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 23:01:55 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 18:02:58 -0600, G. Morgan
wrote:

micky wrote:

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:08:16 -0600, G. Morgan

nestork wrote: "To be perfectly honest, I expect most Americans don't care if the NSA has a record of their phone calls. "

And THAT - RIGHT THERE - is the worst and saddest point of this issue!
Apathy is the most potent WMD out there.

Yup. And that attitude will bring us down more than a few terrorists
ever could. See my sig.

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

As I said before, the sig is foolish, even if Franklin said it.

Those who can give up liberty, essential or not, to obtain safety,
temporary or not, deserve both liberty and safety. We all do.
Except for criminals.

Well, our discussion in the other group didn't work out to well for you -
did it? Not one person agreed with you.

Wrong. The last one suggested Franklin would have phrased it more
clearly. His full post was 'What he perhaps should have said is:
"...will *have* neither liberty nor safety."'

I think he's agreeing with me.

No one had replied when I last read the ng. I just looked and there
is only one direct reply, but I'm amazed to see there are 39 posts if
one counts replies to replies to replies...... going as much as 21
levels deep.

I'll read them and see how many disagree with me, and maybe I'll post
there in more detail.

There are 39 posts, but only about 12 deal with my post. Many are
about Athenian democracy.

There are only 8 unique posters in the part of the thread in reply to
my post, and as I said above, one agreed with me; and four commented
not at all about my post or the issue(s?) in it.

One just said about one of the others "Sounds like there is a racist
about."

Another said only ""You know how dumb the average person is? Well,
half of them are dumber than that." - J R "Bob" Dobbs."

Buddha posted twice but didn't agree or disagree with me either time.
He was commenting on other posts on topics I didn't touch.

John B. is in the same situation, except he posted 4 times.

So there were 3 people who disagreed with me, including you, and one
who agreed.

The other two who disagreed are so into this, they are not likely to
be swayed by arguments, not matter how good, but I'll probably give it
a try.