Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Blade guard

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
I think Bill corrected himself and stated that he is using SeaMonkey
for newsgroups. Maybe I misread what he posted, but that's what I
thought I saw. Not being a user of either, I don't know if that makes
any difference or not.

Yes, I realized it's not the size, it's the background color. And
yes, it's SeaMonkey 2.17.1--I abandoned the newer version 10 minutes
after I tried it. I suspect there may be a solution to my small
dilemma at the Windows level, but it's not that big a deal to me. Can
one of those fancy email clients offer me a colored background?

I have to say Bill - I'm kind of surprised that your current client
can't
offer you that. Colored backgrounds are not really complex things -
you'd
think every client could offer that.

They could if it was a priority. Evidently it's not. I'm not sure
newsgroups are a priority to the developers.

It appearsthat after creating a new message, there is a Format menu-item
under Options that will allow one to choose to create the message in
Text--and it doesn't change the background color I see. That's at least
fewer steps than before. This is the maiden-try--let's see how it posts.

Bill