Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor

On 12/28/2013 1:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:01:17 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/27/2013 3:32 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:13:16 -0500, "TomR"
wrote:

I don't know about the cold temperature part, but I have used
Loctite PowerGrab to glue down thresholds to concrete and it
worked well.

I wonder if the next guy to repair the threshold got mad?

Once I removed a door trim piece, intending to use it again. Yep,
some clown put ~20 2" brad pins in the material...think of the
next guy

Glued wood flooring on concrete - fa git bout it

With any luck, it will be "ME" who has to replace threshold in a
year or two. No panel adhesive under it, for me.

If you do the job right, it should not need a repair "in a year or
two". Crikey Man! What kind of outfit do you run?

I don't think it's a matter of incompetence on Stormin's part but the
back door at any business is where heavy items are either dragged in or
rolled over the aluminum threshold. When I worked on a lot of commercial
doors, I had a fellow who owned a sheet metal shop cut some 3/16" thick
stainless steel plate for thresholds. My experience over the years
taught me to soldier proof equipment and facilities for any commercial
customers. ^_^

TDD