Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor

On 12/27/2013 6:49 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm write from experience and know very well what works. I installed
automatic doors in hospitals, grocery stores and any place which used
automatic doors. I had to service and repair not only the automatic
doors but manual hollow aluminum and steel doors in commercial settings.
I did it as an employee of an automatic door company and later as an
independent contractor for a door company and directly for a grocery
store chain. I actually traveled across Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi
and Louisiana on service and installation jobs. I repaired and replaced
a great many thresholds which often required using a thin layer of quick
setting concrete and an angle grinder to level out the surface where the
threshold was to be installed. Stainless steel screws worked the best
with the plastic anchors which made service and repair a lot easier but
some idiot would always use regular screws which always corroded and
stuck requiring me to use the flat pry bar and hammer to remove the old
threshold. ^_^

TDD

Yep, them goombas are every where. Sounds like great
wisdom. I'm glad you cheated the grim reaper (for
now) and still around to share your wisdom. How does
Saint Peter secure the threshold for the Pearly Gates?

I don't know because when I died in the ambulance, I seem to recall a
lot of heat and very deep wicked sounding laughter. o_O

TDD