Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.satellite.gps
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default USB car chargers

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 13:58:19 -0500, TJ wrote:

aged batteries can do funny things before failing completely.

Thanks. This whole current:wattage thing is important, since without
power, it's just a conveniently sized brick - and - that darn GPS
sure *seems* to suck power out of my Samsung Galaxy S3!

I'm adding the GPS newsgroup, who might actually be able to answer
*how much power* GPS consumes in an Android cellphone anyway.

BTW, as further proof that price is no indication of quality (never was),
here are two ads which *sound similar* but which are not:

This (from the OP) 'says' it's a 3.1 Amp USB car charger adapter:
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/evogue-o...245314962.html

This 'is' a 3.1 Amp USB car charger adapter:
http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Armor-Cha.../dp/B00CD0J4BG

The first is really only a 2.1 Amp charger because it's limited to
10 Watts (bearing in mind USB is 5 Volts); while the second is a
true 15 Watt charger (which means *both* ports can output the rated
current simultaneously).

Notice the price is almost the same (at $7 and $8 exclusive of tax
and shipping).