Posted to alt.home.repair
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Wood stove Q's

"Snag" wrote in message
OK , the stove produces massive quantities of heat - sometimes . This
morning it wasn't doing so great , like it couldn't breath . I got a wire
and cleaned the ashes from the grate from below , and now it's once again
producing a lot of heat . I don't think I should have to go thru that
every day , but don't know why it's plugging like that . I burn only oak ,
white and red . Unfortunately it's not well seasoned , as I didn't really
plan to heat with wood . Is that maybe why it's plugging ?
This is a King Circulator stove , controlled supposedly by a thermo
spring that opens and closes an inlet damper . I plan on picking up a flue
damper today to install , as I'm much more familiar with that method of
control . I just know that we can't continue this overheat then freeze
cycle we've been experiencing .

When burning wood, most or all of the air is supposed to go overthe top of
the fire.
Grates are for burning coal.