Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_15_] SteveB[_15_] is offline

Default Vacuum question

On 12/26/2013 6:01 PM, mike wrote:
On 12/26/2013 4:29 PM, SteveB wrote:
On 12/25/2013 10:51 PM, mike wrote:
On 12/25/2013 5:41 PM, micky wrote:

Seems to be a lot of faffing around using fluid dynamics
principles that may not be relevant.

How about this?
Take the collection barrel to the tree and use a short hose.
The long hose to the motor does not have to carry the pecans
and can go uphill with no pecan jamming or loss of flow.

And then there's moving that 55 gallon barrel full of pecans .......

The wheel was invented for this purpose.
Who said anything about using a barrel bigger than you can move?

Isn't the second sentence contradictory to the first?

At least do the math before you reject it.

Hmmmmmm. Lemmmesee .................

I got this vacuum head that fits on top of a 55 gallon metal barrel, so
that I can have lots of barrels, and only one vacuum head. And leave
the barrel in the truck or trailer. Then change barrels when one gets
filled. So far no need for a wheel that I can see. The 55 gallon head
doesn't fit a 40 gallon barrel. Won't fit the 33 gal barrel either.
But, then, that's old math. Using new math they teach at school these
days, it MIGHT work, but I'll stay with the system I got now.

Steve