Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor

On 12/26/2013 7:37 PM, Oren wrote:
Buy screws which are the same as present used on the TH being
repaired.

My take is this is not a new install....

True, not new. It's about 30 miles from me, and I
hate to go searching for screws and anchors. I've
got some Tapcon like screws, and a masonary bit.

Gosh "30 miles" away is a long way to have a photo mailed to you. That
must be awful.

Looked at counter sinks at HF, but their one isn't
wide enough for the 1/2 inch diameter heads. Think I
have, and can find a 1/2 HS bit, which will be the
wrong angle. Sigh.

groan

I doubt the people at the store will have the
ability to pull up the threshold, and figure
out what anchors are there. Even if they
wanted to.

--
..
Christopher A. Young