Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Char Jackson Char Jackson is offline

Default Straightforward out-of-the-box solution for extending WiFi range

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:23:01 -0800, DevilsPGD
wrote:

In the last episode of , Tony Hwang
said:

Do you use inSSIDer pro version or even free version? I think having
same SSID is not good. Won't it create confusion when connecting?

If the underlying networks are bridged, this is a supported
configuration and it allows client machines to move between the access
points seamlessly.

If the networks are not bridged, this will cause IP conflicts and other
problems.

If they aren't bridged, they're probably routed. Then, if each segment has a
unique IP address space, it should just work. But if each segment has the
same IP address space, the main problem won't be IP conflicts but rather IP
routing issues. The IP stack will treat it as Layer 2 but it needs to be
treated as Layer 3. I assume that's the "other problems" mentioned above.