Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default General computer question

I tell everyone I know that I will take their old machines. If I end
up with stuff I cannot use, it gets properly recycled. Years ago I'd
find them on the curb all the time...but today the scavengers get
them way before I ever have a chance. For the amount of money they
spend in gas...driving up and down the streets, after a trip to a
junk yard they probably end up with a $5 profit.

If I can't save a dead battery from a UPS, I have a place that takes
them for recycling. The last load got me $60.00. ^_^

TDD

Yep, I was in the industrial battery business before I retired and the
company made a lot of money from the scrap batteries....