Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave oven stopped

On 12/25/2013 2:05 PM, novel wrote:
My almost 3 year old M O was baking a small red potato. I had set it for 6 minutes and while it was being cooked, I was doing other things in the kitchen..so I was not really paying any attention to the oven...except i could hear the motor running like it usually does...so the point i am making, if it makes any difference is if it ran its course and just overlooked the sound of the beep when its done, or it just stopped. I opened the door and it was cooked just fine but the first thing I noticed that there was no light, then i looked at the control panel and no clock and etc. I thought i blew a fuse. I checked the outlet and it was fine. I read the manual and it suggested to press the pause button for about 3 seconds..that didn't work either. I tried to open the back where the screws or what suppose to be a screw are and i do not have whatever tool it needs to unscrew. I tried my Allen wrench tools to no avail. The tool that i might have to buy just to even check what the proble

m is, plust the part or parts needed will turn this into another 'buy and throw away' product.

Since you didn't ask any questions, all I can do is
cheer you on. Go team!

--
..
Christopher A. Young