Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aluminum threshold on cement floor

I installed a lot of thresholds when I worked on automatic and
commercial door systems. I used the blue plastic anchors because sooner
or later some Goomba would come along and damage the threshold which
required replacement. The plastic anchors could be dug out easily which
is not the case with those that are glued in. If the screw in the
plastic anchor was stuck, a flat bar can be hammered under the threshold
to pry it up. Think forward. ^_^

TDD

The foam stuff sounded like a thing to try, if this
doesn't do. Plenty more cement under the six inch by
double 36 threshhold, if I have to put in more
anchors. If these snap off, or some thing.

Hoping not many goombas, here.

--
..
Christopher A. Young