Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Fish Tape

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:04:25 -0800, "Stumpy"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 10:24:48 -0800, "Stumpy"
wrote:

I need to run a power cord through an existing concrete foundation. There
is a schedule 40 PVC 1 5/8" ID, 1 15/16" OD waterline embedded in the
concrete that has 2 90degree bends, they are standard 90deg corners close
each end of a ~20' run. Is there any chance that a standard fish tape
would
be able to be pushed through?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Too...6005/100660167

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mueller-S...15HC/100044573

Yes.

Another way that could work is to vacuum a "rat tail string" through
the line first. A string is tied on, say a ball (?), the vacuum pulls
the "ball" and string out one side. Then pull the wire after you tape
it to the string.

"PVC 1 5/8" ID" would be easy....even using just the fish tape.

Yeah well, H.D. is closed today and I can't find the 50' coil that is
supposed to be in the garage. It will be worth it to buy an $11 one for a
single job. Maybe I can try the shop vac later.

Do yourself a favor and just take 2 hard 90s like you are talking
about and try to push the fish tape through them without adding the
pipe length. You may be able to do it, but it will be pretty hard.