Bill Schnakenberg

Default Where to buy deck stain esp. Cablot?

ejacksn wrote:

I've read up and it seems to be the best but I can't find out where to
buy it. Please help as I need to get this project finished asap.

Secondly how do I know if the wood is dry enough to stain. We power
washed it today and it is a bring sunny day about 80 degree's.

Cabot isn't carried by the 2 big retail giants around here. You can
locate a dealer from the Cabot site.
http://www.cabotstain.com/shared_fra...dealoc&cabot=1
I got mine from a small paint and hardware store in the local village
(listed at the Cabot site). It's expensive, but the guy at the store
gave me a gallon of some off-brand redwood stain for free, when I asked
for some to stain a patio tent wooden frame I got at Sam's a couple of
years ago.

Cabot recommends 3-5 days of dry weather before staining.