Posted to alt.home.repair
Stumpy[_3_] Stumpy[_3_] is offline

Default Fish Tape

"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 10:24:48 -0800, "Stumpy"
wrote:

I need to run a power cord through an existing concrete foundation. There
is a schedule 40 PVC 1 5/8" ID, 1 15/16" OD waterline embedded in the
concrete that has 2 90degree bends, they are standard 90deg corners close
each end of a ~20' run. Is there any chance that a standard fish tape
would
be able to be pushed through?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Too...6005/100660167

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mueller-S...15HC/100044573

Yes.

Another way that could work is to vacuum a "rat tail string" through
the line first. A string is tied on, say a ball (?), the vacuum pulls
the "ball" and string out one side. Then pull the wire after you tape
it to the string.

"PVC 1 5/8" ID" would be easy....even using just the fish tape.

Yeah well, H.D. is closed today and I can't find the 50' coil that is
supposed to be in the garage. It will be worth it to buy an $11 one for a
single job. Maybe I can try the shop vac later.