Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default General computer question

I picked up 3 non functioning laptops a couple of months ago from a
pawnshop for $100.00. Two HP's and a 17" Toshiba which I was glad to
get. I got the Win7 HP and Win Vista Toshiba working straight away but
the older HP has a problem recognizing the hard drive. The Toshiba has
no problems now and the Win7 HP needs a battery which I can get from
Amazon for very little money. I do LCD panel replacements on laptops for
people who've smashed them but I see if it all works on an external
monitor first. ^_^

TDD

Some guy gave me eight non-working laptops, one needed a new mini-SSD
but the rest were "beyond economical repair".

A few weeks later a friend came over who had a bad keyboard on his
machine and I'll be darned I had an exact replacement and got him going
in about a half hour.